Thursday 22 June 2017

From the invisible to the visible world and back...

The technique that I consider very useful in my career is the compleximetric titulation. I choose that because I consider one of the most important techniques of analytical chemistry. I learned on this topic the current semester in which I am studying and although it's difficult to understand for me I find it very interesting.

To start we must know that the volume of the standard solution necessary to form a complex with a metal cation of the compound to be analyzed is measured in the complexometric volumetrics and this is recurrently used in careers that require chemical analysis. This technique consists in a titulant agent is used which falls from the burette dropwise onto a titulated agent provided in the flask and this last one changes of color due to the presence of an indicator, and in this moment the moles of both agents are equal, which will allow to determine the amount of minerals (hardness) present.

This technique is really important in many laboratories and studies about water hardness and also allows to determine purity of compounds, for example the amount of certain elements in the rice.

This technique gives advantages to the human because water is consumed by all of us and has always been considered fundamental because it has multiple properties, but the hardness of water for human consumption is a constant concern of people, due to the potential effects on health.
Thus, in the future, these harmful minerals from the water could be radiated having this technique as the bases of this studies.
                          Resultado de imagen para titulacion gifResultado de imagen para agua

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NOOO! Not again Zolezzi! jajajaja

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love titulation, I find them very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

  4. I want to do a degree again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, it's a very necessary technique !!
    Some day we may need it in our work :)

    ReplyDelete